Denim has a unique place in and within the fashion industry. Originally created as work wear, this solid fabric has been transformed into essential daily wear over the years and become a wardrobe staple.
Denim on denim is truly a tricky beast. When done correctly, it looks amazing but one minor misstep and you can wind up to a fashion catastropher.
Something about the double-denim trend often referred to as a Canadian tuxedo feels innately wrong fashion-wise. Even when we see street style stars execute the look flawlessly, it can still be intimidating to try to pull it off ourselves.
Best ways to put on your demin on demin fashion.
Here are some tips on the dos and don’ts of demin on demin fashion.
1. Do play with colors if you’re a total beginner before delving into shades of double blue, start out by pairing different shades of denim together, like white jeans and a blue denim jacket, or black jeans and a chambray shirt. It’s almost impossible to go wrong this way.
2. Avoid Wearing denim accessories. Keep the jeans confined to your clothing and just say no to denim shoes, a denim hat, denim, handbag, or any other accessory.
3. Try using denim shades to flatter or hide body parts. a general rule: lighter shades of denim draw attention to the body parts they cover, while darker washes create a slimming effect. For many women this means that dark denim jeans, and a lighter denim top or jacket is the most flattering way to go.
4. Add a little different color shade to a denim outfit that’s all the same weight or wash
You don’t want to look too matchy-matchy
5. Rocking a ripped jean; something about distressed denim (ripped jean shorts or jeans) just lends itself well to the denim on denim look. So don’t be afraid to rip away.
7. Do dress up your double denim
Don’t be afraid to elevate your outfit with luxe-looking items including statement heels, a tuxedo blazer, or a fabulous red lip.